Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mala Suerte

Buenas noches!


I hope you managed to survive this Friday the 13th unscathed. I've been having a bit of mala suerte (bad luck) myself: my computer has stopped working, and I have a sinus infection that left my without a voice for the past 3 days. However, after performing many ancient Incan rituals to rid myself of the Evil Eye (jk just taking some cold medicine), my voice has returned, and I have high hopes that my computer will be fixed without too much trouble. Tomorrow my "brother" Rafael is taking me to an Apple-approved computer seller (the nearest Apple store is in Mexico) and my lovely roommate Heather is letting me use her computer for a while to check my emails and write this blog.


The only thing that wasn't backed up on my computer are my photos from this trip, so I hope hope hope I can get them back... I'm really bummed that I don't have them. But everything else is safe, and at least I'm in Lima, where there are Apple-trained employees in computer stores - it would really stink to have my computer break down in the mountain town of Ayacucho, where we're headed in 6 days.


So my blog is going to go on a bit of a hiatus until I can get this figured out. In case you're desperately unhappy about this (as I'm sure you are), here's a list of my grand Lima Blog plans, which I will execute once I have a computer again:


- Pachacamac, the huaca (ancient sacred site) that we visited last Sunday
- Parque Kennedy, the fun park in Miraflores where our group usually hangs out. It is FULL of stray cats
- A fútbol game between Universitario and Anianza, Peru's two best soccer teams (spoiler alert: I rooted for la U and they won 2-1. Gooooooooool!!!!!)
- El museo de oro (the Peruvian Gold Museum) and a museum of Peruvian History
- Peruvian Food and Fun


As one last teaser, here's one of the many pictures that random magazines took of us at the fútbol game


Well, my poor roommate probably wants her computer back, so I'm off! Have a great week and buena suerte!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair! How have I not been creeping sufficiently to know about your cute hair! Why were random magazines taking pictures of you? Were they taking pictures of everyone? I for one, am definitely sad about your blog's hiatus.

    ReplyDelete